- North Cyprus Daily Tours
- Famagusta Tour
Famagusta tour with Salamis ruins, St Barnabas tomb and old walled city, lunch included
- Group tour
- 8 hours duration
- Tour in English
- Hotel pick up
- Free cancellation with 3 days notice
A fabulous full-day activity exploring the sweeping east coast of North Cyprus, including the ruins of Roman Salamis, the “open air museum” that is old Famagusta, and the eerie ghost town of Varosha.
- Tomb and monastery of St Barnabas, patron saint of Cyprus
- Roam the ruined Roman city of Salamis
- Delicious lunch at a local restaurant
- Discover the old walled City of Famagusta
- Visit the old cathedral of St. Nicholas, now the Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque
- View deserted Varosha, caught in a time warp in no-mans land
- Round trip transfers from most North Cyprus hotels
- Local, professional, fun, English speaking guide
What to Expect
Our team will collect you from your hotel, ready for a full-day tour packed with some of the ‘must see’ highlights of any holiday in North Cyprus.
St Barnabas came to Cyprus to preach with St Paul, and his remains were unearthed 400 years after his death. Admire the icons in the former monastery, now a museum, and visit the saint’s tomb, a site of pilgrimage for Cypriots.
Just a mile towards the coast lies the ruined city of Salamis. Walk the same streets as the Romans did, pop into the ancient gymnasium, take in the baths and marvel at the huge theatre.
Time for a reviving meal and a sit down, at either a seaside restaurant in summer or an inland restaurant in winter. Your delicious lunch is included in your Famagusta day trip; you just pay for your drinks.
Soon, you’ll be travelling through modern Famagusta and into the old walled city for a walking tour. Marvel at the mighty city walls built by the Venetians to resist invaders. In the heart of town, discover the 14th century St Nicholas Cathedral, now the simple yet impressive Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque.
Discover more examples of “upcycled” buildings in your free time in the old city, including pillars from Salamis in a palace opposite the mosque! Wander at your leisure to discover Othello’s Tower, the Lion Gate, ruined churches and abandoned cannons, and more. Or browse the shops in the cool shade of this amazing city.
Your tour ends with a reminder of a more modern conflict. Varosha was a bustling resort with high-rise hotels and smart villas before the events of 1974. Now it’s a ghost town trapped in the no-go border area between north and south, viewable only through the border fence.
Return to your hotel in Nicosia or Kyrenia, and remember to post your photos on social media of this fascinating North Cyprus excursion.
- English speaking, entertaining professional tour guide
- Comfortable tour bus and our friendly careful driver
- All entrance fees, including tickets to St Barnabas, Salamis ruins and Othello’s Tower
- Hotel pickup and drop off from hotels in North Cyprus Kyrenia, Nicosia and Famagusta areas
- Lunch at a local restaurant en route
- Free time in old Famagusta
- Drinks at the restaurant
- Entry to Famagusta attractions during free time
- You will be picked up from your hotel lobby.
- Your confirmation email will indicate the time.
- Make sure to be at your hotel's lobby 10 minutes before your pick up time.
- For a few hotels in Kyrenia, we will pick you up from the nearby main road.
- If you are not staying in a hotel, then you must come to the lobby of one of the hotels.
- This is a group tour/activity.
- Departure time is between 08:00 am and 09:30 am.
- Duration is 8 hours.
- Returns to original departure point.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 3 days in advance of the start date of the tour.
- There is no need to print email confirmation. The guide will have a list of participants, and they will only need to check your name from the list.