- North Cyprus Daily Tours
- Nicosia Tour
Nicosia city walking tour including covered market, medieval cathedral, and optional border crossing
- Group tour
- 8 hours duration
- Tour in English
- Hotel pick up
- Free cancellation with 3 days notice
Discover the fascinating history of the capital of North Cyprus on this full-day Nicosia walking tour. Led by your knowledgeable guide, discover how the Venetians, Ottomans and the British all shaped the only divided capital city in Europe. Shop for unique gifts and bargains, or stroll into South Cyprus via the famous Ledra Street border crossing.
- Uncover the secrets of the old walled city with our expert guide
- Explore beautiful Selimiye Mosque in the former St Sophia Cathedral
- Shop for bargains at the popular covered market
- Browse arts and craft shops at the atmospheric Büyük Han (Great Inn)
- Cross to South Cyprus via the famous Ledra Sreet crossing
- Round trip transfers from most North Cyprus hotels
- Local, professional, fun, English speaking guide
What to Expect
As with all our popular North Cyprus tours, our friendly driver and expert tour guide will collect you from your hotel for your full day North Nicosia experience. Sit back and enjoy the stunning scenery as you pass through the Five Finger Mountains and onwards to Nicosia.
Your walking tour starts at the old Girne city gate, where your guide takes the lead to some of the most famous North Cyprus attractions. Get your phone ready – there’s lots to photograph!
As you enter Atatürk Square, you’ll pass the Venetian Column, topped with a copper globe. The column is originally from a Roman temple at Salamis, on the east coast of North Cyprus. On your Nicosia tour, you’ll see many other examples of buildings being “upcycled” over the centuries!
Walk on to the Büyük Han or Great Inn, where tired medieval travellers stayed overnight in the cosy rooms round its circular courtyard. Today, it’s a bustling arts and crafts centre, where you can meet craftspeople and admire the beautiful items on sale in their unique shops.
Next stop is the Selimiye Mosque, previously the Gothic cathedral of St Sophia, complete with mighty medieval buttresses and added minarets! Wander inside to see how this iconic North Cyprus mosque reuses many of the original features, for a fascinating fusion of traditions.
Time to spot a bargain, as you walk under the cloth canopies of the Nicosia covered market. It’s a great place to buy clothing, textiles and more, practical souvenirs from your North Cyprus holiday!
From the market, it’s a short stroll to a jewellery shop, to browse a treasure trove of gleaming gold, and sparkling gems including tanzanite, ruby and diamonds. (Cypriots do love their jewellery!)
Enjoy some free time in Nicosia to do your own thing for an hour or two! Relax in a local restaurant and enjoy a late lunch or cooling beer (not included in your tour price). Take your passport and cross over the border into south Cyprus at Ledra Street. Or simply wander the old city to spot Ottoman houses with their characteristic balconies and sturdy wooden doors.
Return to your tour bus for a restful drive back to your hotel in Kyrenia or Famagusta.
- Comfortable air-conditioned tour bus with friendly driver
- English speaking, entertaining professional tour guide
- Entry to all North Cyprus attractions on the tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off from North Cyprus hotels in Kyrenia, Nicosia and Famagusta areas
- Drinks and refreshments
- You will be picked up from your hotel lobby.
- Your confirmation email will indicate the time.
- Make sure to be at your hotel's lobby 10 minutes before your pick up time.
- For a few hotels in Kyrenia, we will pick you up from the nearby main road.
- If you are not staying in a hotel, then you must come to the lobby of one of the hotels.
- This is a group tour/activity.
- Departure time is between 08:00 am and 09:30 am.
- Duration is 8 hours.
- Returns to original departure point.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 3 days in advance of the start date of the tour.
- There is no need to print email confirmation. The guide will have a list of participants, and they will only need to check your name from the list.