- North Cyprus Daily Tours
- Guzelyurt Tour
Güzelyurt region tour with ancient Soli, a local market and more, lunch included
- Group tour
- 7 hours duur
- Tour in het English
- Hotel pick-up
- Gratis annuleren tot 3 dagen ervoor
Explore the region around Güzelyurt, the gorgeous fruit growing area of North Cyprus on this full-day North Cyprus excursion. Discover historic Güzelyurt, shop at the bustling Saturday market and stroll around ancient Soli. A wonderful full-day trip to this less crowded, less-explored region of North Cyprus.
- Explore the Güzelyurt Museum and St Mammas Church
- Shop at a superb Saturday market
- Marvel at the Soli mosaics including the famous Soli Swan
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Enjoy a swim in the sea OR fruit picking (depends on season)
- Round trip transfers from most North Cyprus hotels
- Local, professional, fun, English speaking guide
Wat te verwachten
Our team will collect you from your hotel for a fascinating full-day excursion to Güzelyurt and surrounds, in the less explored western side of Northern Cyprus. Leave the beaches and coast behind and drive through fields of vegetables and orchards laden with citrus fruit and nuts.
First stop is the town of Güzelyurt, and its fascinating Museum of Archeology and Natural History, in the former palace of the bishop of Güzelyurt (Morphou). Look out for the distinctive Attic Greek vases with chariot racing images, and the statuette of Artemis of Ephasus, discovered in Salamis Bay.
Next, you’ll walk next door into the 18th century Church of St Mamas, dedicated to the patron saint of tax avoiders! Admire the collection of icons and check out the impressive chandelier too!
Treat your senses to a trip around a bustling Saturday market, and browse amongst stalls heaped with the freshest local produce from apricots and oranges to aubergines and potatoes.
Time for a tasty lunch in a town centre restaurant, included in your North Cyprus Güzelyurt tour, and made with all that lovely local ingredients of course! Just pay for your own drinks.
Your driver now takes you on to medieval Lefke, formally the centre of the copper mining industry and now a major area for growing delicious Cyprus dates and walnuts.
Just a couple of miles up the road is ancient Soli, once a wealthy port that dates back to the 11th century BC! The 4th century AD intricate bird and animal mosaics here include the famous Soli Swan, a masterpiece made from the tiniest of stone tiles. Wander over this extensive site, or take a seat in the restored Graeco-Roman theatre.
According to the season, you’ll either head out to the coast for a swim in the sea or go fruit picking at a local orchard. Enjoy the unique sensation of picking your own sun-warmed oranges from the tree or strawberries bursting with flavour straight from the field. Just pay for the fruit you pick by weight, and enjoy on the ride home!
If it’s swimming season, enjoy the delights of Akdeniz, one of the very special beaches in west Northern Cyprus where sea turtles lay their eggs. Swim in the clear waters, or just soak up the sun on the beach itself.
After a full day excursion that’s been a feast for the senses, your fellow travellers for the ride back to your Kyrenia hotels, and on to your hotels in Nicosia or Famagusta.
Wat is inbegrepen
- English speaking, informed professional tour guide
- Comfortable tour bus and our friendly driver
- Entry tickets to Museum and Soli site
- Hotel pickup and drop off from North Cyprus hotels in Kyrenia, Nicosia and Famagusta
- Lunch at a Guzelyurt town centre restaurant
- Drinks at the restaurant
- Extras and market purchases
- Fruit picked (by weight)
- You will be picked up from your hotel lobby.
- Your confirmation email will indicate the time.
- Make sure to be at your hotel's lobby 10 minutes before your pick up time.
- For a few hotels in Kyrenia, we will pick you up from the nearby main road.
- If you are not staying in a hotel, then you must come to the lobby of one of the hotels.
- This is a group tour/activity.
- Departure time is between 08:00 am and 09:30 am.
- Duration is 7 hours.
- Returns to original departure point.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 3 days in advance of the start date of the tour.
- There is no need to print email confirmation. The guide will have a list of participants, and they will only need to check your name from the list.